2023 FEDERAL BENEFITS OPEN SEASON
November 13 - December 11
This is the time for you to think about your health, dental, vision, and tax-saving needs and to enroll or change your enrollment in any of the following programs:
During Open Season, you can make elections you usually can’t make any other time of the year.
All health or dental or vision plans are not alike. Open Season is about exercising your right of choice. By considering your health plan choices in advance, you’ll have access to health care services and supplies you need, with a premium you can afford.
Dental and/or vision coverage can fill in the gaps of any coverage you currently have or pay for services you currently don’t get. A flexible spending account can help lower your taxable income.
If you are already enrolled in FEHB and/or FEDVIP, those enrollments will continue automatically, although benefits and premiums may change. Be sure to check that your plan is still participating.
Changes you make to your FEHB or FEDVIP enrollment will remain in effect until the next plan year. You can only change your plan, plan option or enrollment type at Open Season or when you experience a qualifying life event, such as adding a child or a spouse’s loss of other coverage.
Your enrollment in FSAFEDS does not automatically renew. If you want to participate, you must re-enroll for 2024.
Things to Consider
- There are many choices under FEHB to meet your needs.
- You must be covered by FEHB for the 5 years of service immediately before retiring to continue coverage into retirement.
- There are no waiting periods and no pre-existing condition limitations under FEHB, even if you change plans.
- If you are eligible for FEHB, you may enroll in FSAFEDS and/or FEDVIP whether or not you are already enrolled in FEHB.
- There are 3 accounts from which to choose: a dependent care account, a health care account, and a limited expense health care account.
- Participating lowers your taxable income.
- You can be reimbursed for your FEDVIP and FEHB expenses, including copays and deductibles.
- Not open to retirees.
More Information on Plan Choices:
For FEHB plan brochures, click here.
To compare FEHB plans, click here.
For more information on FEDVIP, click here.
For more information on FSAFEDS, click here or call 1-877-FSAFEDS (372-3337).
For more information about Open Season, visit OPM.gov/OpenSeason.
To learn more about Congressman Connolly's Annual Open Season Workshop, click here. This year's event will be held on November 18 at the Fairfax County Government Center.